But do you know that if you’re headed out on a writing adventure, you need to screen yourself to see which classes are right for you? A bad fit will waste your time at best and could create lasting resistance.
I’ll warn you up front — my Discover Your Way Around the Writer’s Block class is NOT for everyone. Specifically it is NOT for writers who:
- have time to waste
- talk passionately about writing, but would rather not get into the uncertainty that comes with actually showing up
- know their challenges are unique and that their life is so exceptionally complex that simple, easy-to-implement habits that work for thousands of other writers couldn’t possibly work for them
- can’t see the value of discussing their struggles and celebrating their successes with other writers
- are unwilling or unable to make and honor commitments to themselves
- demand perfection and expect immediate success
- have no patience for the steady improvement that comes from developing sustainable habits that will carry them forward after the class is over.
Most importantly, writers who are content to let their Saboteurs run (and ruin) their writing life shouldn’t even think of signing up. What’s your Saboteur? That’s the voice inside your head trying to convince you that you’re one of the writers this class is NOT meant for.
If learning who this class is NOT for has convinced you that Discover Your Way Around Writer’s Block actually IS the class for you, please contact the Loft to register.
If you think Discover Your Way Around the Writer’s Block MIGHT be for you, but you have questions, email me at Rosanne @ RosanneBane.com.
If this is not the class for you, don’t lose hope — there are still plenty of other wonderful classes at the Loft to choose from. And if you’re considering several classes and not sure which to choose, ask yourself or the instructor who the classes are NOT for.